Everyone wants super toned arms, but how do you get them? Here are three exercises that you can do at home to help get those arms in shape.
This is a great exercise that only requires a chair. To perform the Dip:
- Sit on the chair.
- Place your hands next to your hips.
- Lift up onto your hands and bring your hips forward.
- Keeping your shoulders down, bend your elbows and lower your hips down. Your elbows should not bend lower than 90 degrees.
- Without locking the elbow, push back up.
- Repeat 10 to 16 reps.
Triceps extensions are a great move to work the muscles at the back of the upper arm. To perform the extensions:
- Sit on a chair, bench, or exercise ball.
- With both hands, hold a dumbbell above the head.
- Lower the weight behind your head until your elbows are bent at 90 degree angles.
- By squeezing the triceps, straighten the arms back to the starting position without locking the elbows.
- Repeat 1 to 3 sets of 10 to 16 reps.
One-arm triceps pushups
This is also a great exercise to strengthen those triceps. To perform the one-arm triceps pushup:
- Lie on your left side with your hips stacked and knees bent.
- Place your right hand on the floor in front of you and wrap your left hand around your waist.
- Your fingers should be pointing towards the left.
- Push your body up and off of the floor by contracting your triceps. Without locking the elbow, straighten the right arm as much as possible.
- Lower a few inches and repeat the exercise for 8 to 12 reps.
These are just three of several triceps exercises available. By working the triceps you will tone the back of the upper arm. These are simple easy exercises that can be done at home by all fitness levels.